Welcome to the Blog of James Dean Smith

Welcome to the official BORIS THE BEAR blogspot, where news and information about your favorite little teddy bear buddy can easily be found. Here you will get an insiders look at upcoming covers, interior art and stories to future comics featuring Boris and many other new characters coming only from OASIS COMICS. So hang on...because the fun is just gettin' started!

-James Dean Smith

Monday, November 24, 2008

Boris-the strip


And here's a look at a panel from the soon to be published- on line- adventures of good old Boris the Bear. As of this writing, I've gotten 24 strips completely finished and ready to be posted. But, sorry, you'll have to wait just a tad bit longer until that happens as I want to have a - do I dare say it- a bear minimum of at least 50 ready to go before I begin to post them. The reason is that I'll be posting- at first- twice a week. Then later I hope to move it up to, perhaps, three times or four, depending on my schedule, because, remember, I've still got the regular Boris book to get to work on as well as some other books that you can read about in my other postings. So my plate is pretty full at the moment.
I'll begin posting these first strips at the begining of January and we'll see where it goes from there, okay!?

5 comments:

DANGER MAGNET! said...

I'm thrilled to see there is some new Boris material coming out. Time to pull out all my old issues and reread them so I'll be up on things!

thomas dickensheets said...

I don't see your comics on Oasis comics web site.

Jessie said...

Any news on new material for Boris?

CEC said...

Do you have an official email address? I've always considered "Boris the Bear" one of the big inspirations behind the evolution of my art through that era. I'm now in the process of releasing old sketchbooks. For this second volume, my dream is to give copies to those who influenced my craft and invite them each to write a short review that will appear in the beginning of the book. I'd love to see those names next to eachother. If you'd like to get a free digital copy of the book (and also the first one), I'd be happy to do it! Thank you! CEC cecthemoment@gmail.com

CEC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.